Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Sunday, Lovely Sunday



Sorry that this is a few days late, but man, I had things to get done! Do you ever feel like you to-do list will swallow you whole? And then still goof off on the interwebs and spend time in front of the T.V. any way? Cause that's kind of how I roll. I'm a procrastinator like that. Anyway... Sundays are for going out to breakfast and stopping at Starbucks before going to the grocery store. Yeah, I live in Beijing, can you tell? I know this makes me a terrible person who makes living abroad look bad, but DAMN, I love me some Starbucks. I do, it's true. And the best part? I didn't even like the 'bucks until about five years ago. One of my friends used to stop on her way to work and started picking me up things. Then I found one of my reasons for living: the Caramel Macchiato. OMG that is a ridiculously delicious meal in a cup. I say meal in a cup because it has to have that many calories. OH WELL. I dig it. Another reason for living that Starbucks has provided: the Pumpkin Spice Latte. And wouldn't you know it, they don't have those in China. So I've had to learn to make my own. It's surprisingly easy and delicious. I'll include the recipe soon, I promise. For now, I leave you with my favorite part of the day: How I almost convinced PB (the living in sin partner) to own a furry seahorse.

Let's set the scene. We're enjoying our post breakfast, pre-Starbucks bevs whilst sitting outside and people watching. I saw a lady bike by with an ADORABLE puppy in her bike basket. Now, before you get all "Poor puppy!", this was the Mercedes Benz of bike baskets, complete with padding and a safety strap. I comment on how badly I wanted a dog and how we could easily get a tiny dog like that. His response? "It looks like a sea horse." WTF? was my polite, ever genteel response. "A sea horse, with fur. A furry sea horse. It's a furry sea horse in a basket" I started at him incredulously, and yep; boys and girls, he was serious. I could do nothing but laugh at the ridiculousness of it all.

A bit later, however, we spied two of THE CUTEST PUPPIES ON THE PLANET playing in the parking lot. We assumed they belonged to a gentleman who was playing with them, but not so. I ranted and raved about them and saw PB's reserve get a little shaky. He was going to cave, I could feel it! He was going to suggest tucking one (or both) of those adorable little creatures into our bike baskets and giving them a good home. Or he was going to suggest that I go pet them and get puppy wanting out of my system. Guess what happened.
Hint: we biked home without a furry sea horse, or a puppy.

Oh well, at least I got my Starbucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment