1. Heat oil in a large pot- about 4 liter size will do. over over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, cumin, oregano, aniseed and dried red pepper. Sauté 5 minutes.
2. Push onion to 1 side of pan. Season chicken with salt and pepper and add to pan. Sauté chicken approximately 5 minutes.
3. Drain beans; reserve 1/2 cup bean liquid.
4. Add beans, broth, salsa verde, chilies, cream and reserved bean liquid to chicken.
5. Simmer until chicken is tender and cooked through, about 15 minutes.
6. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
(Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Reheat before using.)
Ladle chili into bowls. Top with cheese and sprinkle with cilantro.
THIS MAKES 4 LITERS OF CHILI! It would feed PB for quite a few lunches and dinners, so if you'd like to make less, just halve the recipe. Or you could have a bunch of mates over and enjoy this easy dinner together!