Sunday, March 18, 2012

The Bliss of a Lazy Weekend

I had plans for this weekend, things jotted down with little boxes to be happily waiting to be checked off as I completed each task. Then the weekend came. This Saturday was Gloomy. With a capital G. It was foggy and messy and totally unmotivating. So I did what every normal person would do. I hooked my hard drive up to the TV, grabbed my knitting and a blanket and spent the day watching television and movies. I'd like to say I changed out of my pajamas, accomplished something and demolished that checklist. False. I stayed in my PJ's all day. I can't say that I am ashamed I did this, I am slightly guilty about the amount of this
that I ate. Did you ever have something that you weren't allowed to eat as a child? My no-nos were sugary cereal. No sugary cereals allowed for me. I am one of those people who genuinely like Total and Grape Nuts, as a result. However, every now and then I get a massive craving for sugary nonsense most kiddos got to scarf. So I indulge. Also, I only eat these delicious fake fruit rings plain- no milk please! After a day filled with utter nothing, eventually I got off the couch long enough to ask PB what we were going to do for dinner. (I was soo not in the mood to cook.) We ordered pizza and had some bevs to celebrate St. Pat's day. I skyped with my future sister-in-law and knitted some more. And then Sunday, we awoke to this: 


SNOW! IN MARCH! I had all kinds of Springy thoughts last week, and then this. EW. But luckily, the sun came out and did this. Score one for Mother Nature. The snow melted on my bubble and I scooted out to get groceries. At least I accomplished something this weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment