Saturday, December 17, 2011

Ikea: the Target of Beijing

This is the story of my life when it comes to Target. And I will have this same experience, repeatedly over the same summer when I am back in the states visiting. I just can't stop myself.


Here in Beijing, we don't have Target (obviously, but still sad face). However, I have found my Target replacement. Now, I have loved Ikea for a great deal of my life. Everything I had in my parent's house was from Ikea. We took yearly pilgrimages to Ikea just outside of Chicago because Ikea is too cool for Iowa. So I had to stop at Ikea for a few things the other day, and since no one goes to Ikea in Beijing alone- it's a safety in numbers thing- I took along my friend Jolene. This is what happened:



As a result of our trip, this is our new Ikea slogan.
"Ikea: where you can find all kinds of shit you didn't even know you needed until you saw it, and then couldn't live without it."
Anyone else have a store like that? What is it? Not that I need help finding new ways to spend money, but still. 
Where do you always find things you can't live without?

No comments:

Post a Comment