Friday, January 20, 2012

New Year, New Goals

I am a group of contradictions. I LOVE organization and order, but I also realize that things will indeed get done in due time. I hate unpacking after I get back from a trip, I leave random things in a pile on the table.  However, in the footsteps of my father, I have a huge love for goals. This man takes courses on goal-making. I've taken courses on goal-making. It's true. And I loved it. No denying it, I love me some goals. I've always been a to-do list addict, but as I've grown up I have realized the power of setting goals and the sense of accomplishment that comes from fulfilling them. I make a list of weekly goals- things that I want to accomplish throughout the week. It's an accountability thing- that little rush from checking them off when they're done. So this year, I will continue to make the weekly goals and I'm adding monthly goals. Monthly goals will be things that are bigger projects or might take a bit more time and energy. So here are my goals for February: Hang the artwork that is currently strewn about my house and resting on most every flat surface, upload all my photos so I actually do something with all those photos I've taken, set up once a month brunches or something similar so I can drag those friends I barely see out of their houses, and lastly (mainly) my goal is to create at least five times. This means I create something, anything- that is not food.Yes, I realize that food is creating, but I do it everyday and so it becomes more routine and I don't feel the rush from creating dinner every night. I have been making this list of things I want to draw/paint/make and haven't done a one of them. I've got a stack of knitting patterns I haven't cast on, so it's time to get creating! Whew! That being said, I didn't get too lofty with my goals, as it's just my first set and I didn't want to set myself up for failure. I'll keep you posted on how it goes.


P.S. Don't you love the "thinking Lauren" pose?

No comments:

Post a Comment